MyTaq™ Plant-PCR Kit offers fast, highly-specific, direct PCR from a wide range of plant leaf samples. The novel buffer system circumvents the need for additional PCR stabilizers and traditional purification steps, thereby avoiding a complex extraction process.
- Fast - eliminate complex, slow and costly DNA extraction steps, thereby reducing time to results
- Sensitive – incorporates MyTaq HS DNA Polymerase that exhibits increased affinity for DNA, thereby improving yield of even the most challenging targets
- Robust- specially developed to overcome common plant-derived PCR inhibitors such as polyphenolics and polysaccharides for highest PCR success rates and improved sensitivity
- Versatile - perfect for a wide range of plant species, avoiding the need for further optimization, thereby minimizing setup time and reducing cost
- Simple - ideal for fast genotyping in plant genetic studies, mutation detection, confirming transgenic plant and knockout analysis
MyTaq™ Plant PCR Kit is recommended for fast, specific and direct PCR from a wide range of plant leaf samples. MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit incorporates MyTaq HS DNA Polymerase, a next-generation hot-start polymerase that delivers highly-specific PCR amplification. Furthermore, MyTaq HS has an increased affinity for template DNA, giving a high PCR product yield for most challenging templates. MyTaq HS DNA Polymerase has been developed to give more robust amplification than other commonly-used polymerases meaning it performs reliably even in the presence of PCR inhibitors.
MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit includes novel buffer system that replaces the need for complicated extraction or purification steps, including freezing of plant tissues with liquid nitrogen, mechanical disruption, organic extraction or column DNA purification. The advanced formulation of MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit also allows fast cycling conditions to be used, without compromising PCR specificity and yield.
MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit has been developed to tolerate the PCR inhibitors typically present in plant samples, including polyphenolics and polysaccharides, thereby delivering significantly improved assay sensitivity and reproducibility. MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit increases amplification success rates from different plant types and its speed and high specificity makes it ideal for high-throughput genotyping assays.
- Genotyping for plant genetic study
- Mutation detection
- Transgenic detection
- Knockout analysis
We’ve started building a collection of short written and video reviews that we share online with the research community. Would you like to share your experience of MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit as part of our new customer review program? To watch or read our reviews, to learn more about the rewards being offered, or to post your own review, please click here
Certification of Analysis (COAs)
MyTaq Plant-PCR Mix, 2x
5 x 1250 μL
10 x 1250 μL
Storage & Stability
MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit can be stored at -20°C. Repeated freeze/thaw cycles should be avoided. When stored under the recommended conditions and handled correctly, full activity of the kit is retained until the expiry date printed on the outer box label.
On dry or blue ice.